Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thing 20: YouTube

YouTube has been a staple in our home for years. When my husband and I are reminiscing around the dinner table about some cartoon show we loved when we were kids, we can then go to the computer (after doing the dishes, of course!) and show our two girls, ages 6 and 11, what we found so transporting when we were children. Hanna-Barbara's "I Dream of Jeannie" cartoon, anyone?

Aside from trips down memory lane, YouTube is a great place to find news clips. I watched President Obama's acceptance speech after the votes were counted last November on YouTube the morning of November 5th. Plus, libraries can imbed YouTube videos to promote reading, as happened recently when I sent an email around to MCDPL J staff with a link to a Florida middle school's tribute to the Black-Eyed Peas "I Got a Feeling," "Gotta Keep Reading", which was subsequently posted on the Teen Site page.

I can't figure out how to imbed the videos in my blog post, but I'm sure there's a way. I know how to do it in Facebook; does that count? : )

No comments:

Post a Comment