Friday, March 5, 2010

Thing 14--Technorati

Well, Technorati has changed since the 23 Things training was put together, but is certainly a great place to go to track down blogs. I'm not finding it so useful for actually locating posts on specific topics, though. For example, I plugged in learning 2.0 as a search term as the exercise requires, and kept getting hits for blog posts that had the words "learning" and "2.0" in them. I could not find a way to limit the search to those two terms together. The help page was not helpful at all in that regard. I suppose I could submit my question via email to their support staff, but didn't want to go that far.

The top 100 blogs didn't surprise me much; lots of techy and news and political blogs, plus celebrity gossip. Probably the most surprising thing was the list only had 99 blogs, not 100! I'm not sure where top searches are--couldn't find it on the site. Maybe disappeared in the beta version of Technorati?

No comments:

Post a Comment