Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Thing 13 delicious, but frustrating!

This is what I get for trying to learn online about libraries 2.0. four years after the training was created. The world is changing so fast, and broken links are littered behind in the wake of progress:

12 minute delicious tutorial: gone
us.ef.ul--a beginner's guide to delicious: gone
several habits of wildly successful delicious users: gone
many of the links of libraries that use delicious just take you to the library's home page

I ended up going to the delicious site and clicking on "Learn More" to get an overview of how it all works. Personally, I see the most utility in being able to carry my bookmarks from one computer to another. If I were not so discouraged by the difficulty in getting this training done, I'd make my own delicious account and add the bookmarks I use frequently at work and are not necessarily bookmarked on each computer that I use. The Mid Continent Public Library system's guide to Juvenile Series and Sequels is one I use almost every day, for example and is invaluable for my work. What a time-saver!

I can also see the research potential of delicious--I like the way users can add comments on the the sites they add to their bookmarks. Plus, seeing what else is popular that other users have found opens up so many new possibilities without having to spend all of one's time surfing the web!

No comments:

Post a Comment