Saturday, March 27, 2010

Thing 19: Web 2.0 awards

Lots of marvelous new things out there I'd never heard of! However, once again the message is out of date. These awards were published in 2008, and they are useful because they introduced me to some new applications and website I hadn't heard of, but again I am stymied by how things change. I was interested to see what other online productivity tools are out there, so looked at the Online Desktop/OS awards. The second place winner, Ghost, caught my eye, but when I went to the homepage, there was an announcement that all online personal accounts have been closed. Did the people who used that system and had their files stored online lose all that information? Brings up a cautionary message about using online document creation sites. Oh, and if you live in the US, you can't use the BBC's iPlayer to watch BBC television any longer. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment