Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thing 23: I'm finished!!!

Well, I never thought I'd see the day when I was able to find time to finish this online training module. It's been a great experience, and I have learned many new things about what's out there in the web 2.0 world. Things I'd heard about, but only vaguely understood, like RSS feeds and social bookmarking sites, are much clearer to me now. And I learned about things I'd never heard of before, like Rollyo and Library Thing.

This training would be vastly improved by being kept up to date. I wasted time trying to learn about products that have changed considerably or are now nonexistent in 2010. The web is constantly changing, and an online training program that was created 4 years ago is surely going to need updating.

Another problem I ran into was carving out the time to work on the Things. Perhaps a shortened version, say 5 or 10 things, updated yearly, would be more manageable and could be more easily edited as library and web 2.0 continue to evolve.

Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment