Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thing 8: RSS feeds

Whoo, boy! I can't believe I haven't been able to work on this training project since August. Ah, well, better late than never. I have certainly heard of RSS feeds before, but never really understood how they work. I have registered at Blogline, and have a small list of feeds I am now subscribed to, including Library Journal News and Helene Blower's blog.

I can certainly see the appeal of having a feed reader that aggregates all your favorite blogs into one place. At home, I have sites I visit every day, and have them bookmarked on my computer. This is so old school! I will now have to just bookmark Bloglines, and go there for all my blog fixes. : )

In addition to some library feeds, I have added one for my favorite web comic, Girl Genius, by Phil and Kaja Foglio, and a feed to the "Talkin' Trash" blog from Montgomery County's Division of Solid Waste Services. This blog is very useful to find answers to questions about what we can and cannot recycle in the county.

I tried to add a link to the blogroll, but was not successful. Will have to play around with it later!

No comments:

Post a Comment